Friday, July 17, 2015

Review: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes



12954620
Series: Falling Kingdoms Book #1
Format: Paperback
Pages: 412
Rating: 3 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

I’m going to be honest-this was a little bit of a disappointment. But I think part of that is how loved it is by a lot of the people I watch on youtube. Plus, Ms. Rhodes seems like an amazing person which always makes me want to like their books. But people say the series only gets better so I do plan on continuing the series.

My biggest issue is how little I care about these characters. There was a lot of death and I had no emotional reactions. In fact, one of the three main characters could bite it and I wouldn’t be phased. A big part of that is that I don’t care or particularly like any of them.

Another problem I have is how incredibly impulsive and immature these characters are. They would change their minds on huge issues almost instantly. Maybe they had logical reasons, but I didn’t see them through in the writing. This was especially true in the romance department. I kind of wish there had been no romance. And I have a feeling I know where this is going to go and I hope I’m wrong.

That’s been a lot of negative so let’s talk positive. I’m actually very intrigued by what I’m assuming is going to be the large plot surrounding the Kindred. And I think the world, magic, and side characters have so much potential.

This is also a bigger series so I have hope these characters will be further developed and grow/mature.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment