Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Review: The Understatement of the Year by Sarina Bowen



22701480
Series: Ivy Years Book #3
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4 Stars  
How I Got It: Purchased

Can I start by saying this: Reading a Sarina Bowen book always makes me want to re-read her other books. I don’t even know what kind of crack she puts in here, but I love it.

This is only my second M/M romance and it isn’t necessarily a genre I’m drawn to, but I wouldn’t avoid them. If you have any suggestions let me know. Although, I don’t really see it as a gay romance-it’s just two people falling in love. Now, all that being sad, I don’t know what is a “good” M/M romance.

Of course I loved getting back in this “world”. Harkness actually reminds me a lot of my college so it always gives me good feelings. And Hartley…I fell even more in love with him because of how he handles everything. And I really  liked Bella and want to read her book ASAP.

Graham and Rikker were amazing. Especially Rikker. I think he’s so funny and I love how he isn’t afraid to be himself, but doesn’t want to be a poster child. Graham is definitely the more angsty character-denying your true self will do that. But I like how caring he can be.

And I really like their romance. She developed both their teenage and college romance very well. And I was constantly rooting for  them to get together…publicly. And those were definitely some steamy scenes. These guys have some serious chemistry.

Ms. Bowen also straddled the line of teaching/acceptance, but not being a PSA really well. She showed how people can be outright cruel, ignorantly cruel, and accepting. But it wasn’t overly preachy. Again, these are two PEOPLE who fall in love.

I really enjoyed this story and Ms. Bowen’s writing. If you enjoyed the other books in the Ivy Years books I think you would also like this one.

Thanks for reading!
~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment