Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout



18045624
Series: Frigid Book 2 (Companion Series)
Format: Paperback
Pages: 238
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased

Let’s be honest: I’m a fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout. Her books are my crack. But I’m still going to try to make this a fair review.

I read this book in one sitting and was quickly sucked in. And I’m so happy there was dual POV. I do wish Tanner had a little bit more because he’s great.

The romance is the main focus of the story. Like most of the story is them in bed or trying to get each other in bed. I don’t mind, but some people might. And I’m a fan of the bantering couples so Tanner and Andrea are right up my alley.

I do wish there had been more development of their backstories. It’s touched on, but not fully explored. The story works, but flushing those out would have pushed it toward five stars for me.

And I enjoyed the exploration of personal demons and mental health. Ms. Armentrout addressed issues I’ve read about in a slightly different way. I also liked that there were actual consequences to Andrea’s decisions and bad choices.

It would have been nice if the therapy aspect was more of a story point. I wanted more of that and how Andrea is trying to recover.

This was definitely a great New Adult and has all the JLA feels. And it actually made me want to check out Frigid because the characters were interesting and likeable as side characters here.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment