Friday, September 11, 2015

Review: Begging for It by Lilah Pace



24612008
Series: Asking for It Book #2
Format: Ebook
Rating: 5 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: Erotica, Romance, Contemporary, Trigger Warnings
Publisher: Berkley

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Some secrets should only be shared in the dark.

Jonah and Vivienne’s erotic bond—living out raw scenarios of captivity and force—began as no-strings sex between strangers who shared the same desires. Now the intimacy between them is turning into love, but it’s a love built on fantasies so extreme that exploring them makes guilt inescapable. But the risks they're taking are far more dangerous than they'd imagined.

A stalker is terrorizing the city, and one of Jonah’s ex-lovers names him as a potential suspect to the police. Standing by a man under suspicion could cost Vivienne everything. But when Jonah’s stepfather takes advantage of the scandal to seize control of the Marks family fortune, Vivienne is drawn into her lover’s broken family and twisted past. Only then will she learn how dark the truth really is...
  

Review

This was a great companion to the first book, but I did like the first one a little bit more. I actually didn’t know where this was going to go and I’m pleased with what Lilah Pace did. So much of the story is about Vivienne and Jonah facing the challenges of having a relationship.

She continued to explore rape fantasies and the effect they have on the people involved. I also continue to enjoy Vivienne’s interactions with her therapist. And she had a lot of growth and acceptance of herself.

Jonah did annoy me a little bit. Sometimes he got a little too I have to protect you from myself and I’m not a huge fan of that type of behavior. Seeing his family/siblings was very fun and showed different parts of his character.

I guess I don’t have much to say. The first book had a huge impact on me and I had so much to say. But this one didn’t have the same effect. I do recommend the series if you don’t mind sexual content and the depiction of acted out non-consensual sex. There are definitely some serious trigger warnings on this one.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment