Monday, September 28, 2015

Review: The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan



23122175
Series: Game On #2
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4 Stars
How I Got It: Purchased
Genre: New Adult, Sports, Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-published

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads

Gray doesn’t make friends with women. He has sex with them. Until Ivy.

The last thing star tight-end Gray Grayson wants to do is drive his agent’s daughter’s bubblegum pink car. But he needs the wheels and she’s studying abroad. Something he explains when she sends him an irate text to let him know exactly how much pain she’ll put him in if he crashes her beloved ride. Before he knows it, Ivy Mackenzie has become his best texting bud. But then Ivy comes home and everything goes haywire. Because the only thing Gray can think of is being with Ivy.

Ivy doesn’t have sex with friends. Especially not with a certain football player. No matter how hot he makes her…

Gray drives Ivy crazy. He’s irreverent, sex on a stick, and completely off limits. Because, Ivy has one golden rule: never get involved with one of her father’s clients. A rule that’s proving harder to keep now that Gray is doing his best to seduce her. Her best friend is fast becoming the most irresistible guy she’s ever met.

Which means Gray is going to have to use all his skills to get himself out of the friend zone and into Ivy’s heart. Game on

Review

Another great New Adult read for me. I like this one a little bit less than the first one. And Ms. Callihan is definitely on my list of authors to keep an eye on.

I do like Gray and Ivy. Gray was very well developed and I loved when he would talk math and science. It feels very natural which is harder to do then you might think. Ivy is likeable, but I didn’t connect to her as much as Gray.

They are a great couple. I love their relationship and seeing it grow from friendship to romance. I’ve said I like texts in books and they were here and were done well. One of my favorite thing about them was the nicknames. I actually don’t like endearments in fiction or real life because they often feel forced. But their’s felt natural.

My main issue is how focused Ivy and Gray are on each other. There is a delicate balance the author has to find and I often wished they would take a step back. I just wanted to see more of their other relationships especially for Ivy.

This series is a great New Adult one with a football storyline. If that sounds interesting to you I recommend them.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment