Friday, November 28, 2014

Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath



Series: Lost Lords of Pembrook #2

Format: Paperback

Pages: 384

Rating: 4 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                Another Lorraine Heath book. I know you’re probably surprised. And she didn’t disappoint.

                And I definitely stand by my four star rating, but I feel like this book was a little forgettable. It’s only been a couple days but I’m forgetting a lot of plot points.

                I liked both Tristan and Anne. Ms. Heath is very good at creating well-balanced characters. Plus, there was a further look into the brothers. Actually, I’m very eager to read the next book because this one just made me more curious about Rafe.

                Then, there’s the plot. In my experience, her plots are always a little crazy. This one wasn’t quite as crazy, but it was a surprise. There were a few secrets other authors wouldn’t reveal until the end, but Ms. Heath exposed them early and without unnecessary drama.

                She also progressed the romance well. These characters are attracted to each other, but don’t fall in love right away. So many books bring up love too fast and I’m grateful she didn’t fall into that.

                I’m glad I read this book, but I did like the first book better.


Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment