Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lord of Wicked Intentions by Lorraine Heath



Series: Lost Lords of Pembrook (Book 3)

Format: Paperback

Pages: 370

Rating: 3 Stars

How I Got It: Purchased

                This is the last book in this series and it’s my last favorite. Now, I’ll admit I think part of the problem is that I was really looking forward to Rafe’s story and it just didn’t live up to my expectations.

                While I was disappointed I did really enjoy Evelyn’s character. Initially, I thought she was going to be meek and potentially annoying. But she had a very unique personality for a heroine in a historical romance. And she was kind of spunky.

                Although, Rafe rubbed me the wrong way. I can appreciate and love a tortured hero-Seduce a Sinner by Elizabeth Hoyt is a favorite. But he was too closed off. And he came off as kind of a jerk sometimes.

                I also found the story kind of frustrating. The advancement of Rafe and Evelyn’s relationship was very one step forward, two steps back.

                Even with these complaints it was a fairly enjoyable read. And I’ll probably pick it up again in a few years. Maybe with a different perspective my rating will change.

Thanks for reading!
Holly  

No comments:

Post a Comment